The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well, today is going on record for the easiest day of work ever! However, it started out being a little bit rough. I had to get up early, to go pick up something to contribute to the potluck we had for one the casuals that is leaving. I hop on my bike, and do the sensible thing, go to Tim Horton's to pick up some Timbits. I arrive, make my purchase, and head to my bike. I decide to sample the food, but as I am doing so, a homeless man comes up to me and begs for some money and some timbits. I, being surprized by this dirty man that has popped out of nowhere, proceed to choke on the Timbit I was trying to enjoy. Homeless man gets his Timbit, and I am left with 2 less Timbits for the potluck, and a sore throat. Both the Timbits taken from the Potluck supply were put to very poor use. I soon recover from my near death experience and head to work.

At work I warm up a muffin to have for breakfast, and I enjoy it in my private and secluded cubicle. I hand in my Timesheet and get to work (sorting stacks of papers, while listening to my discman, and dancing along to the music). About and hour later someone comes with my first paycheck...yay! It is nice to have money finally. I then need to go to a meeting. It is in boardroom 12A. This room is filled with the comfiest chairs my biscuit has ever had the opportunity to park on. I sit there for the meeting, most of it daydreaming about this dream I had last night, about kissing a guy (who shall remain nameless, lest I completely and utterly embarass myself). After the meeting is over, I head to the washroom (it is also secluded and peaceful-my favourite spot, second to my desk). In no time the potluck begins, and I am stuffing myself with all sorts of great food (fruit, sub sandwich, crackers and cheese, meetballs, spinach dip, and more), when I only shoved out $2.50 for my contribution of 18 Timbits. The potluck lasts1 hour, which is 1/2 hour over my alotted lunch break. Therefore, I was paid to eat my lunch and visit with friends. What can I say? This is the life!

PS: 30 Points goes to Erin for being the first one to comment on the Blog! When you reach 50 points there is a prize...(I don't know what exactly, but it sure sounds good)

1 Comments:

  • Oh sweet commenting. Well done Ashley for making the blog accessible to those of us who don't understand the blog world. I went to visit Amanda today. General chaos ensued but fun was had.

    I have been reflecting on beards. and hairlines. For example, people like Jamie Foxx and Pratt on ER look like they stencil their hairlines and beards in. Is this an option for while girls like me then? I guess I can only dream.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home