EFY was such a blast. The classes were great and I learned a lot. The youth were fantastic. I really enjoyed spending time with them. I was so impressed with how strong some of the youth are in the church. The other counselors were cool, and I made a bunch of friends. I am really going to miss them. One of my favourite parts of EFY were the dances. The music was good, and I was seen busting a move on several occasions. The food was catered, so it was good most of the time, but I'm not going to lie, I prefer home cooked meals.
This is a pic of me at a ridiculous hour. I don't know exactly what I was doing, but I can't be responsible for my actions when I am overtired and wearing a bright lime counselor shirt. Apparently someone mixed up the memo, and thought that tangerine and lime were the new pink.
In the site office, there was a white board with various quotes and notes. There was one poem that I liked in particular. In fact, I chuckled heartily when I read it...
I wish I was a glow-worm
A glow-worm's never glum
For how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!
Calgary-Week 1 "Full of Charity"
This pic is of me and my girls Calgary-week 1. They were so funny that they had me laughing so hard, that I started to cry. We were a tight bunch, and I look forward to seeing them kick butt when they are all grown up. I loved them like CRAZY!Kathryn, me and Danielle. These girls rock, and I look hot!
For the service project, we cut and tied the tassles on blankets for the children's hospital in Calgary. While working on the blankets, we danced up a storm. Everyone hugged the blankets before we handed them in... so cheesy, but cute.
This is me and Sam. He was my co-counselor for "Full of Charity." He is an amazing dancer, hilarious, and super nice guy. All the girls (participants and counselors) had crushes on him.
This is "Full of Charity." It was a small group, but very talented and excited. We will all be BFF!
Calgary-Week 2 "Abide the Power"
This is some of the Calgary-week 2 boys. They are doing the service project. These boys were total stud muffins... if only they were 10 years older... Oh well! I'll have to set one of them up with my little sister.

These are my girls from Calgary-week 2. I could not believe how enthusiastic and full of energy they were. Not to mention, popular with the boys! Snaps for having such a fun group!

This is me standing beside one of the U of C graffiti rocks. Me and another counselor, Gloria, spray painted this during free time. We broke the rules for a bit and wore our pj's and flip flops to do the job.
This is a group picture of "Abide the Power." My co-counselor, Spencer, is on the far right. We won 1st place in the cheer contest. I was so proud!
After a tiring few weeks, mudwrestling ensued, as a way for many counselors to vent frustrations. Just kidding, it was actually Sam's birthday. I have never been so dirty in my entire life. I am still trying to clean all the mud out of my ears!
Here's Sam looking like a monster from a sci fi movie or something. He was very thrilled with the exfoliated effect of the mud.
This is me, Lisha, Kristi, Krystin, Gloria, and Gary. I had mud everywhere. In my hair, eyes, ears, mouth, and even where the sun don't shine. We were hosed down with really cold water, and then waited in line for the shower. I have never seen a dirtier bathroom. It was like a tornado had hit. I have no idea how people managed to spatter every surface with mud.
I had an amazing time at EFY, and I'll admit, I look forward to next year. I am currently going through a little bit of EFY withdrawal. I will continue to post when something exciting happens, but it may be a while because the next couple of weeks I will be attending a whole bunch of weddings. Maybe I will catch the bouquet! To be honest, I've been there and done that, and had no such luck. Maybe catching the bouquet is just a superstition! LOL... I am so witty.



1 Comments:
hey I love your blog about efy! I love the pictures of "Full of Charity" I wonder where you got those. That mud looked really fun. well email me sometime.
Love,Danielle
By
Anonymous, at 3:28 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home